Monday, February 28, 2011

Valentine's Fun

OK, I know it's the last day of February. Don't beat me up. I'm trying.
In spite of my family fighting illness off and on the entire month, we were still able to celebrate Valentine's with each other.
Here are some simple (and cheap) ways that we shared the love :-)... I spent $10 total.
inflatable hearts hanging from our ceiling...
I realize they look a little funny... but, the boys loved them!

hanging banner

festive cups and plates... enough for the boys to use
almost the entire week of Valentine's Day

all of the boys helped bake and decorate heart shaped cookies
Side note about children decorating cookies. I like to put the cookies inside of a pan, sometimes a cookie sheet, sometimes a cake pan (like in this picture). This helps to catch the sprinkles, and makes for easier clean-up. Which, for Mommy, makes for a very fun time of decorating :-).
treats waiting on the table in the morning on Valentine's Day
Another side note... sorry. But, these lollipops... I have to tell you. I got them on the clearance, after Christmas clearance rack, for $.25 a piece. They were originally $2 each. I also picked up some green and white ones that I'll break out on St. Patrick's Day. I love looking for deals on after holiday racks, with the upcoming holidays in mind.
mmmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment