Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Some Fun Fire Tales

As winter kissed us once again with a blanket of snow, our household has had a steady fire in the fireplace.  This is the first house we've had that has a fireplace. We've lived here for 4 years, and I have to say, the fireplace is one of my very favorite aspects about this home. To me, there is no more comfortable place to be on a cold winter's day than sitting in front of a nice warm fire.

It's a wonderful place to sit near and read, or study God's Word. I've also had many moments of cuddling with one of my boys in front of it. 
We dry snowy, wet coats, gloves and boots in front of it.
I allow bread and pizza dough to rise in front of it.
I also put cinnamon sticks and orange peel in water inside of an old teapot. When it gets warm, a sweet aroma permeates the area.


We make grilled cheese...

...and, of course, s'mores!

We enjoy gathering in our living room while the fire is going. It has been soothing and warming on very cold days, and helped to keep our oil bill down (that's always a plus!). It even kept us warm one night when we accidentally ran out of oil.

Overall, I have loved having a fire in the fireplace. It's been fun.
But, honestly, I'm ready to say good-bye until next year.
I'm ready for warmth of a different kind... called spring! :-)

1 comment:

  1. This make me feel warm just reading it, and NOW I REEAALLLY want a real fireplace. :) We have a gas one and while it is nice to turn it on with the flip of a switch, there's nothing like the smell and warmth of a hearth. But I too am ready for the warmth and smell that Springtime brings.

    ReplyDelete