Thursday, February 10, 2011

Enjoy your cookie. Love, God

I recently wrote about having received tickets, and going to a Washington Capitals game.  My sister-in-law has access to these tickets through her work, and asked us if we'd like them for a couple of games to take our boys to, with the choice of NHL and NBA. Our 4 boys split evenly, the oldest and 3rd wanting to go to a Wizards game, and the 2nd and youngest wanting to go to the hockey game.

We went to the hockey game a couple of weeks ago, and last week, we went to the Wizards game.

Much like the hockey game, our tickets included incredible seats and a dinner before the game. Our seats were literally 3 rows from the floor. We were right next to the players as they ran out. One of them even threw a shirt to our sons.



We also had the honor of meeting a former Washington Bullets player, Gheorghe Muresan, who's 7'7".
No, Dave isn't standing on a step below, this picture is for real.


This time we were able to take part in the Coaches Club, where they serve practically any food you can think of. There's anything from sodas, Chinese food to hotdogs, salads, pastas,  both hot and cold, to ice cream, popcorn, and an array of desserts. A HUGE perk of this is that you can fill a plate and take it back to your seat... at no cost... the entire game. Seriously, it's crazy.

Our 3rd son is a HUGE fan of chocolate chip cookies. I cannot emphasize the HUGE enough. He loves them!!! He's a pretty picky eater, and his pickiness flows into the dessert department as well. Basically the rule is chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies. He'll pass on most anything else. Well, can you believe that in ALL of this available food that there were no chocolate chip cookies?! They had oatmeal raisin and what seemed like some type of sugar cookie, but no chocolate chip. Bummer.

Our son was fine with the fact that he wasn't going to have a cookie, but... I know this may sound ridiculous, but I wanted him to have something that he liked. This night was about doing something extra special with our boys, and my desire was for it to be the best possible. I searched and found a brownie. I brought it back to him, but it had nuts all throughout it, and he really doesn't like them. So, that didn't cut it.

Then, during half-time, our oldest son and I took a walk. When we came back, this is what we found!
Apparently, a lady had come by with a basket full of these giant cookies, just handing them out. And, guess who she gave one to? That's right, my chocolate chip cookie lovin' boy!
I know this may seem silly to some of you reading this, but I sincerely see God is this. He knew the desire of my heart. Sure, I knew that my son didn't need a cookie, but I wanted him to have one. I knew that it would be a highlight of an already wonderful night. And, God knew it as well. In fact, He knew it better than I did. He totally outdid my pathetic, nut-filled brownie, and delivered the biggest chocolate chip cookie my son had ever seen! God has the best since of humor!! Really, He does. I know, because when I saw the cookie, and the happy look on my son's face, my eyes welled up in joy.  I knew that God was smiling, singing over me, and, if you will, I imagine He chuckled with me. His love is astounding!

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a God-sized cookie!! I love it!! He cares about the little things in our lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome blessing! Thanks for sharing your heart Allyson and thank you God for watching out for all our needs...even our cookie cravings. :)

    ReplyDelete