Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome M.O.B. Society Members!

Hello everyone! If you're a regular reader of this blog, this entry will be a bit different. I'm linking up with  The M.O.B. Society , a wonderful blog for mothers of boys, in an effort to get to know some other mothers whose goal is to raise their sons to know and love Jesus Christ. The blogging community can be one of great encouragement. If you have 1 or more boys, you should definitely head over to The M.O.B. Society Now, on to the post...


Hello ladies!! I'm so glad M.O.B. is doing this blog hop, and I'm thankful that you stopped in!

I'm Allyson, mother of 4 incredible boys. My desire was always to be a godly wife and Mommy. By God's grace, He gave me the desire of my heart. I'm blessed to be home with them, homeschooling, and playing our days away. There's nothing I'd rather do with my time than be with my boys and husband. My husband's a pastor of a thriving, growing, wonderful body of believers. We're extremely blessed to have such a great church family. I play and teach piano, as well as sing. I love worshipping my Savior! I've got a thing for bright colors, wild flowers, and cheetos.

My blog is a smattering of what I mentioned in the previous paragraph. The majority of content is about my Savior, my boys, husband, and the joy I find in all of them throughout my days. My hope is that the stories I share are not only a keepsake for my family, but also an encouragement to those who read them.

My boys are 12, 11, 8 and 6. My 12 and 11 year old are becoming men right before my eyes. I've found that there are no warning signals for the arrival of "manhood". No flashing red lights or yellow yield signs. They both are, and continuing to become, young men after God's own heart. Not to sound "cliche'-ish", but I truly cannot believe how quickly time is flying. Each of my boys change seemingly overnight. My 8 year old is our "thinker", more quiet, loves music and math. He's also a little zany, and loves to laugh at/with his brothers. My 6 year old is spunky, a fireball of energy and fun, with dimples and a cow-lick front hair spike that will both get him into, and out of, trouble. All of my boys are truly the joys of my days.

 me with my boys

Some of the books that my boys enjoy, and have enjoyed reading are:

The Boxcar Children (series) by Gertrude Chandler Warner... my boys began reading these at age 8, still enjoying them at 11 and 12

Magic Treehouse (series) by Mary Pope Osborne... same as above, ages 7/8-12

The Hardy Boys (series) by Franklin W. Dixon ... my 11 year old has just peaked in his interest in these books, although my 8 year old is also enjoying them

The Answers Book for Kids, Volumes 1-4 by Ken Ham with Cindy Malott ... excellent source for answers to questions children may have about God's Word, suitable for any age reader

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis ... ages 8 and up

Thank you again for stopping in! I'm excited to read your blogs and get to know you!

30 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Blog Hop! I'm an Allison, too - and a musician! Four boys - oh, wow! Blessings on your sweet head! I've only got one and I'm an overwhelmed new mama (Little Lion Cub is only 4 months old)...but as you've said - it's flying and I'm treasuring each moment He gives me to raise this Warrior! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower of your blog from the First Annual Boys Mom BlogHop. I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 boys. Please hop on over and visit our blog: http://mayoacademy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 boys - woot! That has to be a lot of fun at your house! #BMBH

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to "meet" you!! It's so great to meet other boy moms like me!! :) Excited to check out your blog a little bit more! Happy Hopping! :)
    www.a-steady-rain.com
    www.twenty6blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW 4 boys, I can relate! It's the youngest 2 that are really testing me- hopefully God's strength will persevere! I'm here from the MOB blog-hop and it's so nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to your blog before, and it is great that the hop brought me back! Your list of books has some I'll keep in mind for when my guy is a bit older as reading is one of our passions. Bright blessings, Shanyn (Mystic Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came over from the hop, and am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Bright blessings, Shanyn (Mystic Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Allyson! I'm stopping by from the BlogHop, and I'm just amazed to meet *another* Allison who is a church musician! LOVE it! I'm looking forward to reading more about your homeschooling adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful!! We have four boys also; 13, 9, 5, and 2.5 --I love being home too. Thank you for sharing on M.O.B. Society. It's great to see other families similar to our own. Your book list is great!! ;) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Four boys? Girl, I can't do more than my one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad we get to watch them grow in person. :-D
    Kelly K

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also stopping by from the MOB blog hop! We have been blessed with 3 boys. :-) I'm really thankful for this hop and the chance to "meet" like-minded moms and follow along with their lives! Looking forward to reading more.

    Danielle
    www.organizationalhysteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a busy house you must have! : )

    You're right about your guys becoming men before your eyes. My 11 year old is doing the same thing. sometimes there are changes in him that seem to have happened overnight. So thankful I can place him in the Lord's capable hands! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here for the MOB blog hop. Your picture of all your guys is so cool. I'm a mom of six boys. Come see us over at Layers of Learning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from the MOB blog hop. Hope to see you over at Layers of Learning where I introduce my six sons.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to meet you! What a beautiful family you have. :)
    4 boys...awesome. We have 3 so far.
    I'm stopping by from the MOB Society. Can't wait to check out more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So thankful to find your blog through the blog hop. I have 3 boys and pregnant (gender unknown) but i could very well be in your shoes! also thankful for all the positive words you had to say about your boys...warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm from the MOB too. I loved Boxcar Children when I was younger. I read The Chronicles of Narnia when I was younger, too. Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by from the MOB Blog Hop. Wow, 4 boys...lots of energy in your home. We have plenty with our one boy!! Nice to meet you! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 4 boys oh how fun!! :) I am hopping over for MOB! :)


    www.bowmania.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. 4 boys! WoW!! Love the book ideas! I'm visiting over for the blog hop.

    ✿LaToya
    Christian Momma

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a busy mama you must be! 4 Boys?! I can barely handle the ONE that I have. :) I always loved the CS Lewis Series. Can't wait to share it with my son some day. Stopping by from the MOB Society!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am on the blog hop and I have 4 boys as well! :)

    Our blog is www.youngmightymenofgod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How nice to meet you!! You have a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, so MANY boys. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stopping by from MOB Society, love your site and love this blog hop! looking forward to getting to know you, come visit me!

    The Petunia,
    http://petuniasescape.blogspot.com/2011/07/just-who-is-petunia-you-might-ask.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Visiting from the MOB Society and I'm now a follower of your blog. My boys are 1 and 3. I'm excited to meet other moms with boys to learn from their experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed reading about your four boys! What fun! My hubby is also in the ministry although we're not currently in a pastoral position right now. He's in school and has a little over a year left! Visiting from the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just hopping by from the bloghop. My son is soon-to-be four... but I remember reading (or hearing about) some of those books your boys like... I can't wait till Aaron is there. But at the same time I'm not wishing away his young years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stopping by from the blog hop. Wow - 4 boys! I have 1 boy, and alone, he is so much easier to raise than his 4 sisters. But once he's with his guy friends, things get crazy. I wouldn't change it for anything, though, and I bet you wouldn't either.

    ReplyDelete