Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I wish I had a steamer."

This happened a while back. Last fall, to be exact. But, I was looking through some old pictures and was reminded of it, so I thought I'd share.

I'd had "one of those days". CRAZY busy! I had tons to get done in the house, the boys schooling to conquer, piano lessons to teach, and I had to be ready to jump in to my clothes right after I taught piano, for a banquet I was attending with my husband. Plus, I had to get dinner ready for my boys and the family that was coming to be with them while my husband and I were away.

Normally, my normal day, going out in the evening and getting dinner ready wouldn't stress me out. That's probably because most of the times we have somewhere to be, it doesn't usually land on the day I teach piano from 4-6pm.

Anyways, this day was stressing me a little.

That morning, I'd picked out what I wanted to wear that night. It was a pretty green, silky top. It's one that I don't get to wear very often, as it's a little too fancy for church. Having not worn it in a long time, I found it in the back of my closet, extremely wrinkled!

When I brought it downstairs, I laid it on the back of the couch. I recall thinking, I'll iron that in a little bit... if I'm able to get the wrinkles out at all... it's silk... I'll probably end up with a black mark on it from the iron... I wish I had a steamer...better have a backup plan...

I went about my day, first making a fire in the fireplace, starting some laundry, breakfast, school with the boys, more laundry, lunch, some cleaning, and figuring out what I could make for dinner.

It was about 45 minutes before I had to teach piano that I went to get my top and see what I could do with it.

This is where I found it...

Follow this series of events...
Apparently, at some point in the day, my top had fallen off of the back of the couch, on to the ground. One of my sons had picked it up, and kindly hung it on the basement door knob.  Whenever we have a fire in the fireplace, we run our humidifier, which sits behind the couch in the living room. After lunch and school being completed, the boys went to the basement to play. They opened the basement door, leaving my top hanging right above the humidifier.

I couldn't believe it! When I picked up the top, I initially noticed it was a little wet, not soaked, just damp. That's when I realized where it had been for almost 2 hours.

No joke... every single wrinkle was gone!  I laughed so hard!

GOD had steamed my top!!!

I ran my top upstairs, where it had enough time to dry. I taught piano, and quickly got dressed. Then, I enjoyed an evening out with my husband, wearing the top that God had made ready for me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. love this!!! It's so fun when God gives us little surprises like that. Reminds me that He, the God of the Universe, cares about us personally! Thanks for sharing.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete