Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"I'll Kill an Elephant for You"

While Dave and I were talking tonight, the subject of how long we've been married came up.
We both honestly had to "do the math" to make certain we were right!
It will be 14 years this summer.... FOURTEEN!!!
I'm not sure why, but that sounds like a LONG time to me!
We are getting old... that's all there is to it. We proved it by the fact that we had to literally count the years to double check our memory.

So, I did a quick search on what the "appropriate" gift is for a 14th wedding anniversary... it's ivory.

I look at my husband and say, "Dave, the gift for our anniversary this year is ivory."
He responds, without hesitation, "I'll get you a tusk. I'll kill an elephant for you."

What a goof ball. One thing I'm sure to get though is plenty of laughter. :-)

I lovc you, Dave!

1 comment: