Thursday, February 3, 2011

Continue

This poem was part of a devotion from Dayspring, that comes in my email. When I read it, the thought that kept hitting me was, "God honors obedience".
Continue
Continue in the things that concern Him;
He will continue to take care of the things that concern you.
Continue to give Him all that is yours;
He will continue to give you all that is His.
Continue to wait upon Him;
He will continue to be faithful to you.
Continue to seek His highest;
He will continue to give you His best.
"Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything as I say, and all will be well!" Jeremiah 7:23 NLT
-Roy Lessin
We're not promised the "picture perfect life" that society or this world may tell us is the best. No, we are promised something much greater. We are promised that we, as God's children, will be conformed into the image of Christ Himself.

"Now I say this, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will  sound , and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed."
1 Corinthians 15:50-52
I cannot think of a greater promise and goal to live for. I wake up each day with the knowledge that God has given me this day to live for Him. I am so very grateful that He holds each moment of my life, and allows me the privilege of knowing Him.

When times are great, and life is cruising along, I will continue living for Him. And, when times are tough, in moments of human weakness, I will continue living for Him. And, I will rest in the promise that He is using everything that He allows in my life to mold me and change me to be more like Himself.

I am grateful He is my reason to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment