Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Body

Yesterday was a wonderful Sunday.

While every Sunday is usually wonderful, (as long as one of us isn't sick. Although, even then, we try and make the best of it.) last Sunday was especially wonderful. I love being with my church family!

There are many aspects that made last Sunday wonderful...

... the sermon was great. Yes, I know what you're thinking, your husband's the preacher. I know, and while I realize this fact makes me slightly bias, I find myself listening intentally, truly "forgetting" about the fact that I'm married to the guy talking.

... worship was powerful. The music was moved from the normal time (after greetings) to the very end of service. I enjoy when we "mix it up" a little. It's not bad at the time we normally have it...don't get me wrong. While I always enjoy worshipping my Saviour and King, I just find myself more "ready" to worship after I've opened God's word.

The highlight though for me was...

... we, as a church, participated in communion, the remembrance of Christ's body and blood being broken and spilled for us, as the penalty and complete payment for our sins. Every church I've ever heard of does this a little differently than the next. We place the juice and crackers at the front and back of the church. When the time for communion has come, each person then gets it when they are ready to. I cannot tell you how much I love this.

The line of people, all so very different from each other.
The tender looks of love shared between sisters and brothers in Christ.
The quietness, stillness, amongst hundreds of people.
The sacredness of  the moment.
Knowing that you are with the body of Christ.
Thankful that I have an eternity to spend with them, worshipping and knowing our Saviour more and more.

The Body of Christ is BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment