Friday, January 6, 2012

Today...

A Daybook: Week 1

Today... 
I'm at ease, prepared for our home school review, and preparing for company this evening.

Outside my window...
The sun is shining, hopeful warmth. Perhaps the air isn't as numbing today?

I am thinking...
I am so thankful for the privilege of having my boys home. Our house is amazingly peaceful.

I am thankful...
..see above...
For this day God's given me to bring Him honor. I know He doesn't need me to have honor, but I don't take the privilege of being His child lightly.

In the kitchen...
The crock pot is going, smells of vegetable stew beginning to permeate the house.

I am wearing...
Comfy sweats. This sweatshirt, one of my favorites since college. And my fuzzy, purple house slippers. It's good to be home.

I am creating...
Memories, every day...
Beyond that, I'm trying my hand at a new punch needle project; as well as pondering trying a knock-off Proj*ct Life. We'll see what I come up with.

I am going...
To enjoy being with my family and a few wonderful ladies today. Each of them are such encourager's. Excited to see them and spend time with them.

I am wondering...
What this stew's going to taste like... risky attempt at a new recipe with company for dinner...

I am reading...
My Bible, currently focusing on Psalm, Isaiah and Daniel. Also re-reading Elisabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity.

I am hoping...
that the stew tastes good... at least edible! hehe

I am looking forward to...
A lovely afternoon and evening.

I am learning...
That God's voice is louder and more constant than I'd previously paid attention to. Through His power, I can hear Him more fully. Although it's a constant battle to tune out the noises of this world, to slow and take the moments to open His Word throughout the day, it is SO worth it. He is always speaking and desires communication.

Around the house...
The piano is being played, practiced on by the 2nd boy today. I love that I don't have to remind them!

I am pondering...
How much joy God's allowed us on this journey of life. We don't deserve it.

A favorite quote for today...
From one of my sweet piano students, just last night... "Fun makes quick!"

One of my favorite things...
Hearing my children laugh together...  the sincerest, deep, full-belly laughs that cause me to laugh full with them.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Weekend is near. I look forward to a restful Saturday and sweet worship with my church family on Sunday.

A peek into my day...
Sunshine streaming into my kitchen. 

And, because I couldn't resist... here is the view from my kitchen window last evening.
God said goodnight so beautifully.

If you'd like to join in the reflections of a simple day in your life, head over to The Simple Woman's Daybook to link up.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. How did the stew turn out? I love the part about your son playing the piano. Blessings to you:)

    ReplyDelete