Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Little Word

Choose one word to summarize what this year may hold. That's what the challenge is.

How can I choose only one? How can one word possibly comprise what God is calling me to?
I ponder, I pray. Lord, what would You have for me?

Lord, I'm here, I'm Yours and I'm listening.

Stillness and silence lingers thick.... or am I not fully tuning in?

Lord, I'm here, I'm Yours and I'm listening.

Silence so thick, my heart beats loudly in my ears.

Desperately trying to quiet the clanging voices of this world, I strain to hear His voice ... My daughter, that's just it. Listen, that is. Listen so intentally that you don't miss my warning. Listen so carefully that you don't miss My call. Listen so purposefully that you consistently abide in Me, and I in you, allowing every moment of your waking day to be a direct reflection of who I am. Don't miss an opportunity to praise Me, to talk about Me with your children. I'm here, living in you, speaking to you always. Open My word, listen and walk obediently.

I lie my head down with confident knowledge of His heeding, gently soothed to sleep by His presence.


Awake the following morning, I hasten for warmth. Fireside, with my Bible, I turn to the book of Psalm. My pages open to Psalm 78. A soothing balm to my heart, it reads, "LISTEN, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old, which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. We will not conceal them from their children, but tell to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and His strength and His wondrous works that He has done."


Father, You are so good, so true, so lovely.

I'm here, I'm Yours, and I'm listening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful! I love your word. "Listen so purposefully that you consistently abide in Me, and I in you, allowing every moment of your waking day to be a direct reflection of who I am." I loved that line. Just perfect. My OLW is DO. Just DO. You can check it out on my blog if you want. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - what a beautiful post. Listening is hard for me only because it requires me to stop talking :) I think I know everything - haha. Can't wait to read more of what God shows you.

    ReplyDelete