Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love Lovin'

Love is in the air!
We do love loving around here, and I've been sprucing up the place with touches that remind us.  

In the kitchen, a simple mason jar, wrapped with paper heart doilies, tied with a piece of raffia.
It serves as a  perfect place for a chocolate pretzel treat.
The red lantern was found in the holiday clearance section at L*wes for $3. Red is my favorite... so I know I'll be using the lanterns (I got 2) year around. The red tray I've had for years... also found in the holiday clearance section. This time after Valentines, at Wal-m*rt.
The table they rest on is actually a "plant stand", but I love it as a side table. It's the perfect size to have in the corner of the room with a small seasonal decoration. The rest of the table is used to hold paper products and munchies when we have a house full of guests. And, when it's not in use, it folds up for easy storage!

The other area I've added some touches is our mantel. For this, I used an old window from my parent's house. They had their windows replaced a couple years ago, and I grabbed a couple from them. They've been in the garage ever since. Well, I finally pulled one out to use. I love how it looks on the mantel! It was already painted white, so I just had to dust it off and put it up there.
It added the perfect light touch against the dark brick.


I had the other items, either in my holiday storage or other areas of my home...Except for the other red lantern, as mentioned above.


this is an ornament that was made by a dear lady from the church my husband
and I were married (my childhood church). She made it from a napkin from our wedding.
My Willow Tree figurines. I have only 3, but they depict my family perfectly...


I've also been scanning Pinterest for ideas to celebrate with my family. No girls here, except for myself and our dog. So, the cutesy, red and pink craft ideas aren't tremendously popular. However, food is extremely popular! Growing boys need sustenance! Here are my plans for Valentine's Day this year:

Breakfast: heart shaped cinnamon rolls
                                          Source: mudpiestudio.blogspot.com via Allyson on Pinterest


Dinner: pizza with heart shaped pepperoni
                                      Source: onecharmingparty.com via Allyson on Pinterest


And, Valentine's Day wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a valentine card. I plan on making one of these for each of my boys. The only change I'll make in the wording is replacing "you're the" with "Yoda"... :-)
Goofy and a little corny, but I know they'll love them!

                                          Source: imgfave.com via Allyson on Pinterest


I hope you're planning on joining me in spreading a little extra love this month. It doesn't take expensive or complicated to make it special, certainly none of the above ideas are.
Let's not forget to remember the only reason we know and understand love...

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent
His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
1 John 4:10

"We love because He first loved us."
1 John 4:19

God loves us extravagantly! We can also love, as He has loved us.
Have a wonderful, loving day, friends!



Joining these parties today:
Far Above Rubies
A Stroll Thru Life


4 comments:

  1. These are all GREAT ideas. Filing away the cinnamon roll one, for sure!
    Your mantel looks great, and I love your little side table vignette!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun post. Love your vignettes and the heart shaped cinnamon rolls are just way toooooooo cute. I need to make these. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that Star Wars card! Trev might need one of those too! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mantel and all the Valentine's touches look great! I also had those same napkins at my wedding! Except mine were green. =) Thanks for the reminder to check my Pinterest for my Valentine's Day ideas.

    ReplyDelete