Thursday, July 28, 2011

Five Friday Favorites

Ending the week with some randomness. Here, in no particular order, are 5 favorite things from this week:

1. Fresh veggies... We love our veggies we're reaping from our garden. And, I love my little helper too. He's helped with every step in this garden. Every seed that was started, every transplant, weeding and watering. It's only right that he harvest as well.


2. York photo album... Super excited about this! Although I've scrapbooked quite a bit in the past, the time for this hobby is in short supply. A dear friend of mine recently ordered an album through an online photo developer, and I loved it! The short end of the story is that looking at the album got me thinking. So, I took my family's vacation pictures and made an album. It helped that York was running a special on their albums, at 50% off! I'll admit, the album arrived last week, but I love it so much that I had to mention it. The whole family loves it! The boys have each looked at it many times already, read about the memories we made, and always end up doubled over laughing. This definitely will not be the last photo book I order.


3. Flowers... in addition to our vegetable garden, we also planted some flowers. They're each beautiful, keep the bees and butterflies around, as well as add some pretty color to our yard.

4.Biscuit pizzas... that's right... biscuit pizzas. They may not look like much, but they are tasty and super easy! We love them for a quick and yummy dinner or lunch. Just lay out canned, refrigerated biscuits on a cookie sheet, smash them down a little. Spread spaghetti sauce on top of them, and grated mozzarella cheese. Bake them according to directions on the biscuit can. Whalla! Biscuit pizzas!
5. Surprises from my boys that let me know they were thinking of me....
This is what I found on my chair when I went to teach piano :-)


What favorite things have you found this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment