Saturday, July 16, 2011

It Happened


We walked into a restaurant with just our 2 oldest. As we were seated, I realized that the hostess had not asked us how many kid's menus we needed. Nor had she given us any crayons.

This had never happened before.

My guess is that the prescence of our younger 2 usually prompts the question. And, looking at my husband, myself and 2 young men, the question didn't seem necessary.

I hadn't given a thought to not having kid's menus and crayons on our table though. They are part of our dining experience. They've been on our restaurant tables for 12 years. I've become accustomed to gathering the crayons before the meal is served, and often having to store a neatly folded, child's drawing/treasure in my purse to take home with us.

Alas, it wasn't to be...

My 2 young men never mentioned the lack of pictures on their menus. Neither did they miss the crayons.
I, however, felt a sudden urge to go get the kid's menus myself and play a game of tic-tac-toe.

Different seasons of life. They come to us quickly, sometimes showing up when and where you least expect them too. There are no warning signals. It just happens.





image credit: http://www.bing.com/images

2 comments:

  1. The triplets turned twelve on Wednesday. I can reply relate to this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you have the need or urge come dine with us.
    :-)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete