Thursday, July 14, 2011

"I'm so glad this isn't a dream!"

Each Summer, my parents take my boys on a trip for a few days. My parents, being *a little* older, and admittingly more easily tired than my husband and I (the boy's younger parents) choose to take the boys 2 at a time. The 2 oldest had their time with Grandmom and Grandad last week. Now, my 2 younguns' are on their trip.
Each of my boys look forward to this time with my parents all year long. They complete one trip only to begin talking of what next year's trip may be like. And, their anticipation is never unfounded. They have more fun each time than they could possibly have conjoured up left to their own minds and dreams.
These few days they spend with just Grandmom and Grandad are overflowing with love, reckless love. My parents dote on, laugh with, listen to, cuddle with, and completely spoil my children. In the midst of all of this fun, they mostly love my children unconditionally.
THANKFUL, I am to have parents who desire to be so intregal in the lives of their grandchildren.
The memories made in these days each year will be treasured forever in the hearts of my 4 little men.

When I spoke to my 2 youngest this evening, to find out about their day and to tell them "goodnight", my Mom relayed a conversation from their dinner.
....while talking about how excited they were to be with Grandmom and Grandad for the next few days, my youngest speaks up.... "I'm so glad this isn't a dream!"

I'm glad it's not a dream either, little man. We have much to be thankful for.
Please forgive the Christmas picture. It was the latest picture I have of my parents and all 4 boys. (mental note... I need to make a point of taking more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment