Friday, January 7, 2011

"I LOVE this day!"

This morning started like many others. When I came downstairs, 2 of my children were in the living room, while the other 2 were in the kitchen, finishing up their breakfasts.
My 2nd born greeted me with his famous last question, "Hi Mommy! What are we doing today?" ...he ALWAYS wants the run down of our schedule. He likes to know what to expect.

So, I gave him the plan for our day. We'd be doing some schoolwork, spelling tests, some cleaning out and organizing, and playing :-).

One of his younger brothers was listening in, and responded enthusiastically,

"I LOVE this day!"

We all laughed, enjoying the moment together, and I couldn't help but to think of Psalm 118:24...

"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I want to wake up each day with the attitude my son showed me today. I want to find joy in the simplest of tasks. I want to bring joy and show God's love to those around me... especially my husband and my children. I want my son's simple statement to stay with me.
And, as my eyes open each morning and close each night, I want to say,

"I LOVE this day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment