Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goodbye Christmas, Hello Winter!

The glow of the Christmas tree is wonderful! It allows just the right amount of light to snuggle by, sharing a cup of hot chocolate.

It's so pretty, that 3 years ago I found a way to keep it around for the entire winter!

We just redecorate one of our trees. The rest of the decorations are put away, and our white pre-lit tree is moved to our family room, where it is decorated for winter.

We put "snow" on the mantle, along with a collection of snowmen. The white lights underneath the "snow" and on the tree are so pretty. We all love the warmth it adds to the room.... even our dog, Daisy :-). 

Goodbye Christmas...

...hello winter.

Daisy enjoys the warmth from the lights underneath the "tree skirt"... a white bed sheet.

1 comment:

  1. I love your winter tree! After some deliberation I decided to keep a skinny tree up in our entryway. It is just simply lit with some berries, and matches a berry wreath on our door and a berry swag that I added above the door. Since berries make me think of winter, not just Christmas, I think it will be a nice way to keep the glow going for another month or two! It's just tooooo sad for me to take it all down at once!!

    ReplyDelete