Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Conundrum

I know it's a little after-the-fact. But, I found this funny and thought I'd share it.

For about 2 weeks before Christmas, my kitchen was in "making mode". My side table and counter tops were covered with ingredients and, then, with completed bags of caramel popcorn and boxes of fudge.

I LOVE making and baking during the Christmas season. So much so, that sometimes I overdo it a little. (I know I cannot be the only one.)

One evening, when Dave got home, he asked me (very nicely), "When are you going to be done with the baking? What is it about this time of year that drives one to do so much baking?"

I laughed as I pondered his questions.

Then, my sister-in-law gave me a cute little book with Christmas stories/poems in it.

I had to laugh when I read this short poem.

Christmas Conundrum
by Scott Emmons
I frequently find myself asking
(though it's not like it keeps me awake)
Why Christmas gives so many people
a neurotic compulsion to bake!





No comments:

Post a Comment