Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning Sticky Buns

I've had a couple of requests for this recipe. It's a great recipe from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. I've made it the past few years on or around Christmas, but it's a wonderful recipe for anytime of the year. It's very easy and very yummy!
I love the fact that all of the prep work is done the night before, making the morning an ingredient and stress free time.
If you give it a try, let me know how you like it. :-)

Christmas Morning Sticky Buns
1 pkg. frozen rolls (16-20)
1 small pkg. powdered butterscotch pudding (the type you boil, NOT instant)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup chopped nuts (if desired)

Place frozen rolls in a lightly greased bundt pan. Combine pudding mix, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle powdered mixture over the frozen dough in the pan. Pour melted butter over the mixture, as evenly as possible. Cover the bundt pan with a towel or foil, and allow to sit out all night. In the morning, uncover, and bake at 350 for 25-30 mins., or until lightly browned. Gently invert bundt pan onto large plate, being careful, as "sticky goo" will run out. Serve warm.

***When I make this, I buy the frozen rolls that are in an aluminum pan, skipping the step of the bundt pan and inverting (as well as the clean up afterwards). Also, right before I bake the rolls, I place 3 to 4 dallops of butter on top. I find this insures that the powdered mixture becomes gooey.

1 with chopped pralines and 1 without, how the boys like it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment