Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring touches

Have you ever been to Hobby Lobby??? If not, you have got to get to one! You will love it!

Yesterday, four friends and I road tripped about 30 minutes away to shop, be inspired, and find some deals. We were not disappointed.

I showed restraint, and walked away with only two home decor items.

The first is this wall plaque. One of my friends found it for me (she knows me well), carrying it around in her cart until we found each other in the store. I love how the words talk about our story, saying "Home is where your story begins", and that it looks like a book itself.


The second item spoke to me. I just could not get it out of my cart. I put it back three times, and picked it up again. It had to come home with me. Everything about it... I love. It resembles a book, but it is a box. The rugged wood reminds me of the splintered, rugged wood of Jesus' cross, and of course, the crosses on it are an obvious reminder of the cross He bore for us.


I see it just about everywhere in my home... on the mantle, side tables, entrance table, and so on... 

Right now, I joined it with some items I had on top of a shelf in my living room. The only other thing in this collection that I bought is the vase, which I got from a second-hand store last Fall. The rest of it was given to me. I do love the shofar and Jesus sign paired with the box. They seem to just go together.


While these next items are not from Hobby Lobby, they are 'newish'.

In my kitchen, my little plant table is set up with a flower, given to me by our sweet group of mothers with toddlers, when I spoke with them a few weeks ago. I placed the plant in a dish that I got from the Christmas Tree Store. The ribbon was in it when I bought it. It matches the plant perfectly, and it is great for this time of year. The versatility of this piece appealed to me when I bought it. I am looking forward to being able to change out the ribbon for different seasons, utilizing the dish for food service, centerpieces and other things. The bird cage was purchased a couple weeks ago, a gift to me from my parents. We got it at Repurposed and Refined.*Locals to me... this is another place you have to check out!


Also from Repurposed and Refined, this darling little chick. He's such a happy fella, sitting on my window sill. 

Wrapping up this little tour, here is my Spring mantle. I had all of these items on hand. I reused my parent's old window, centering it, and hanging a 'springy' heart on it. I then surrounded it with items I had throughout my house... a birdhouse that I painted years ago, a little nest, trellised flowers that have journeyed from the guest room to the bathroom, now to the mantle, and my Willowtree figurines.



I hope you have spruced up some spaces in your home with your own touches of Spring.
It is such a wonderful time of year, so full of life and promise!


joining the party at  A Stroll Thru Life

No comments:

Post a Comment