Wednesday, March 28, 2012

moving mountains


We are getting so excited about our trip to Nicaragua!

Most of our missions letters went out a few weeks ago, and we've been amazed at the response. It has been so neat to watch the boys pray, trusting God to provide the amount needed. Each time we receive word that any amount has been received, they get so excited. Then, as we pray together, their individual prayers echo unprompted thanks and praise.

                                    

They mostly ask God to show them how to love the people we come in contact with, that the people would see Jesus in us, and that we could share His message with them. Then, there was the one night that my eleven-year-old "C" said, "Lord, thank You for changing my heart already. I pray for the people we'll come into contact with, but I know this trip is going to change me too."

Dave and I are also so thankful for the contributions, but watching our boy's faith grow stronger is the best gift of all.

We had a meeting with our entire team last week, going over the schedule and ministry opportunities we are planning for, as well as practical tips to think through... like bringing massive amounts of bug spray.

We wrapped up our meeting with prayer together. As our boys chimed in their simply worded prayers, I found myself asking God for faith like theirs, child-like faith, that is sure to move mountains.







joining in the fun at

1 comment:

  1. I love the faith of children and their heart to love others. Blessings on your trip and work with those in Nicaragua.

    ReplyDelete