Tuesday, April 3, 2012

motivaton

standing in my laundry room, i folded what seemed the hundredth garment, and at least the fifthieth one i had to right-side-out. my hands know this routine so well that little thought is needed. often, i use this time to pray, but this day i hear a voice singing.


my boys used to ask me if i knew that i was singing... as i cooked at the stove, cleaned up the kitchen, or decorated a shelf for the new season. this was when the singing was new.

there are intentional moments of song, those moments of thanks and joy for the privilege to live this life God has given me. but, other times, i'm caught off guard, like a kid humming in class too many times, finally called out by the teacher.

this day in the laundry room was a caught off guard song. the voice i heard was my own. the song, one of thanks and praise.

as i 'right-side-outed' another shirt, i heard my song, and realized there was a day when 'right-side-outing' and folding laundry did not sound melodious.

God has made the difference, this complete change of character.

in prayer, "when did laundry become a time of worship?"
"When you allowed your heart to realize that you are not serving your family, but Me."

and this my heart realized before my brain.. this serving of Him and not them.
serving Him is the only way to serve anyone
without selfish ambition.

and what better motivation is there? than to serve the King of Kings?

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men; knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."
Colossians 3:23-24

with thanks i serve Him, so grateful for the change He has made in me, His Spirit indwelling so richly.


continuing in thanks...
274...extra cuddles with my third
275...a morning of treasure hunting and laughter with treasured friends
276...God's mercy, new every morning
277...sweet friends who check on our sick one, and pray
278...a cleaned out closet..putting away clean clothes is so much fun
279...stories read aloud with my sick ones, laughter so great



joining in on the fun at

2 comments:

  1. yea so glad you are counting! amen! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I admire your family so much. It is so encouraging to see your love for Christ in every area of life and that it is possible to live a life that honors Christ. "He has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him..." I Pet. 1:3. I know we have never gotten to spend much time together but still it encourages me.

    ReplyDelete