Friday, February 17, 2012

pinterest party

Joining in at a Pinterest party today!
If you've completed any of those pinned ideas, head on over to my friend's blog, Living with Three Hobbits and a Giant and join in the fun!

I know it's a few days after the fact, but we had a pinterest inspired Valentine's day. I shared the ideas a couple weeks ago, and can now say that each one of them was a hit!

The first "pinspiration" was an all-boy card ...










 Source: imgfave.com via Allyson on Pinterest



I knew my boys would love this. So, I used the words, changing them a little to "Yoda Obi-Wan for me", and I printed out a stock print of Yoda for the front of each card. Each of my boys loved their cards.


For breakfast, heart shaped cinnamon rolls. I thought this was such a simple and fun idea, and not one that must be saved for Valentine's day. I'll be making heart shaped cinnamon rolls more often now.

The pin...

The result...

Strawberries added a touch of red, and helped to round out the nutritional value ;-).

Then, for dinner, we had love inspired pizza.

The pin...


And, my result...
Upon seeing the pizza, one of my oldests said, "You went to the trouble of cutting hearts in the pepperoni??" While his question told me that he thought I was little off my rocker, his expression clearly told me that he'd never forget it.

We had a simple, yet special day, celebrating the love our heavenly Father has given us. I hope you did too!

4 comments:

  1. Such great ideas. Love that you cut the pepperoni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for hostessing the party! Looking forward to joining in when I can.

      Delete
  2. We have cinnamon rolls every Sunday morning before church, I'll have to try the heart shaped ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a easy idea. It's one of those that I find myself thinking 'why didn't I think of that?' :) Make sure you really pinch the point of the heart, otherwise they turn out round on the bottom ;-). btw... welcome to my lil ole' blog..thank you for joining in. I look forward to getting to know you!

      Delete