Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Give Thanks

A few entries past, I posted pictures of some of our fall decorations (and some...other areas...). 
In it, I mentioned a hanging scarecrow that has a pocket, saying that we would use it later in the season.

Well, it's time to use it...and here's how...

My Little Man and I used our die-cut machine to make a bunch of leaves... red, yellow and light brown.
We then put the leaves inside of the scarecrow's pocket. Each day, we will get a leaf from the pocket, write something we're thankful for on it, and put it on our Give Thanks Tree. We made the tree today out of some twigs, stuck inside of a mason jar that I wrapped some ribbon and raffia around. I also tied on a "give thanks" die-cut that we made when we made the leaves.

The tree is now sitting on our entry table, and will be a wonderful reminder throughout this month of what really matters.

The tree also launches me into my "Give Thanks Month". I realize it's not original...but there's never a reason to not give thanks.

  Join me as I GIVE THANKS this month.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I can't wait to see it when it's all full of leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete