Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Fall Home...the picturesque and the...not so much

While taking some pictures of my home decorated for fall, I realized that I was trying to keep the "ugly" out of my pictures. Who wants to show the world that your house isn't perfect?
I decided I do.
We all have nice, lovely spots in our homes. And, we all have cluttered, chaotic spaces (even if they're stuffed out of sight, in closets). We all live in our homes, not set them up for pictures in magazines.
I say celebrate it all!
So, without further adew... here's my rendition of celebrating fall...
it may look familiar to a lot of you ;-)

some picturesque spots in our home...

fall mantle... metal  hanging pumpkin, faux leaves, wreath that hung at the church my parents were married in, a few other nick-knacks, and a cute hanging scarecrow (who has a pocket...which we're using throughout November... more on that then)
 happy jacks... each of our boys has one... they're fake pumpkins... we carved them, cut a hole in the back and inserted a "Christmas house light". Whalla... reusable happy jacks! The corn husk garland was a yard sale find, 2 years ago...love how the scarecrows sit right into the garland
 we like scarecrows... they're cute, fun, fallish, and happy... what's not to like?
 entrance table
fall fairies in the bathroom sill... my aunt, cousins and I made these years ago... out of pipe cleaners, embroidery floss and fake flowers... (my boys aren't very fond of this craft project, but it would be a hit with a little girl. if you'd like to know more about them... give me a holler!)

...and... some not so much spots... just keepin' it real folks
the "charging corner"... no matter how many times we clean this corner, anything that needs charging seems to migrate back to it... I'm convinced there's a magnetic draw... and once they're in place, it's just easier for the boys to leave the cords available
dining room table... covered in school projects... with more to come in the next couple of days... and, yes, the table is pushed up against the window... for the football and hand-soccer games that take place in the middle of the room, naturally
bags of snacks awaiting my Little Man's soccer game
library books toppling over their designated basket and spot underneath our entrance table

Happy FALL, ya'll!!!
May your homes be rich with love, warmed by the people in it, busy with all things good, graced by your creative, decorators touch, and cluttered just enough to know that your family loves being there.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pumpkins!! What a great idea to carve fake ones - so much less messy : )

    ReplyDelete