Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall

Fall is my FAVORITE! There's just no other way to explain it.

...the slightly cooler temps, although the sun is still so soothing warm. Sitting at a soccer game, I could melt into my chair... the outdoors beckon us to finish our schoolwork and get outside...cooler days are coming...there will be plenty of time for indoor fun then.
...the colors.... the magnificent colors. It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I love bright, vivid colors! My home is painted in the colors of an oak tree leaves, at the peak of fall foliage. From the chair I sit in now, I can see "Lettuce Alone" green, "Arizona Sunset" orange, and "Marigold" yellow. The next room over has "Royal Throne" Red on the wall. I've quite literally painted the colors of fall into my family's every day lives.
However, the fact that we see these colors every day doesn't keep us from standing in awe of God's beautiful creation surrounding us this time of year.

There is a line of trees that we pass every time we leave our home. They're so pretty, with cottonballish white flowers in the spring, full green foliage in the summer, and now, gorgeous hues of red, orange and yellow. For 5 years, we've lived here, passing these trees countless times. And, every year, I say that I'd like to get a picture of them. Well, I finally got my picture.
I admit, it's not the best photo... but I still love the colors in it. And, considering I took the picture while I was driving... and I may or may not have almost jumped the curb in my van... ahem... are cameras considered hand-held devices???  I did make sure there was no one behind me...

This same evening, I was on my way to church for Bible study. And, because I happened to have my camera, I found myself asking God what the sunset would look like when I got to a picturesque spot. He answered with a resounding, "GORGEOUS"!
God is such a Magnificent Artist...
and you'll be happy to know that I pulled over to take this picture... so was my friend riding with me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment