Monday, August 15, 2011

HE is ABLE

Hello friends. I am alive and well... I realize I haven't written very much of anything in the past couple of weeks. I am sorry. Funny thing about this blog... it's made me realize some things about myself...  or at least brought some traits further in to the light.

The trait that has become most visible to me in the past week is this... when I have a lot on my mind, I get quiet. When my heart is heavy, I store my thoughts deeply. I'm not certain whether this is entirely healthy or not, but it is how I am.

These past couple of weeks have been unusually busy, as well as holding some disappointments.

Two weeks ago, my husband had the opportunity to speak at a student, week long camp. And, the boys and I got to go with him! This was a first for us. We had a GREAT time! I was with my boys and other staff kids (there were 14 total), along with a couple other wonderful ladies. I had a great time getting to know these precious ladies and the other children. My boys had a fantastic time! They made so many memories, and are excited about making more camp memories in the future. The week was good, very good. It was also exhausting. I feel like I *just* caught up on sleep in the past couple of days.

My boys and some of the 14 staff kids.


Beyond that, what I can say about stress and disappointments is this... when you love and care for people deeply, you also open yourself up to hurt. 

God has reminded me this week of His peace. I've read many verses this week that God has used to bring His complete peace to my heart. This is the one that He's brought continually to my mind... "And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
(Phil. 4:7)

I'm so thankful that we have a God who is able to guide us in every circumstance. Whether we're anxious, stressed over little things (or big), being stretched outside of our own personal comfort zones, or experiencing heartache of any kind... HE IS ABLE.

Now, after a wonderful Monday spent with my family, I move on to organizing for the upcoming school year. We're getting excited about this year! We went "back to school" shopping last week, buying new pens, notebooks, and other things that we didn't necessarily *need*. But, they're so cheap right now... and I have a hard time resisting a dimpled cheek boy asking me for new crayons and markers :). We can't wait to break out the new books! Homeshooling year #6, here we come!!

1 comment:

  1. Year 6 eh? Go girly! I'm excited to start year 1. :) We purchased new crayons and glue sticks this morning and a "special" container for those items. Trying to build some excitement here! ;)

    ReplyDelete