Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time Capsule

Hello! I'm looking for some feedback here.

My family's getting ready to make a time capsule, of sorts. We're not actually planning on burying it. Rather, we're going to store it, and plan on opening it in 10 years.

We're pondering what to put inside of it.

So far, we're planning on writing what we think we'll possibly be doing at that point in our lives (2 of our boys being college age, and 2 in their latter years of high school, me and Dave... well, being OLD. HA!) We're also planning on putting in a cell phone (perhaps a picture of a current one), picture of an IPOD, us using facetime on an IPOD, as well as some thoughts about where we think this age of technology will take us. Thoughts concerning our ability to communicate face to face, grammar skills and spelling (text language). We've also thought of a picture of the current price of gas, a real estate listing, our current signatures, and a recent family picture.

I'm wondering if you all have any other ideas???

Or, perhaps you'd even like to join us, and make your own family time capsule.

Thanks for your help! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Well, you definitely need to put some chicken nuggets in there ;) Grocery receipts, classified ads, labels from your favorite foods, samples of schoolwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Like you, Allyson, I think I would write down things like you'd find in a baby book, i.e. price of gas, current events. TV shows, favorite color's/foods/toys/games. Perhaps, you could even trace everyone's hands or feet. I think putting in everyone's favorite bible verse would be cool too. That way you could see how God has used that verse in each one's life and if it has changed...I know that for me Prov. 3:5 has stuck with me since I was younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a neat idea! And the other's comments are cool too. Makes me think how different things might be in 10 years. Especially after Pastor D's message this past Sunday...Interesting to say the least! I love this idea Allyson.

    ReplyDelete