Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stinky Broccoli Cravings

For days last week, my Little Man begged me for broccoli.

You heard me right... broccoli.

And, horrible mother am I, we didn't have any broccoli.

So, I promised him that I'd buy broccoli the very next time I went grocery shopping.
As I headed out the door the other night, planning on making a quick stop at the store on my way to Bible study, he was diligent to remind me, "Mommy, please don't forget the broccoli."

When I arrived home later that evening, he and his brothers had just been tucked into bed. I went to kiss them goodnight. Little Man greeted me with a question, "Did you get broccoli?"

Seriously, this kid was clearly craving some roughage!

As promised, I got the broccoli. And, I served him some the following day at lunchtime.

Little Man was HAPPY with his broccoli!

However, his brother had a slightly different opinion. My "J", 2 years older than Little Man, is my pickiest eater. Broccoli is definitely NOT on his list of favorites. So, walking into the kitchen right after this broccoli had been steamed, "J" was greeted by the unpleasant aroma that only broccoli can produce.

"I smell Daisy's (our dog) poop! And it smells like diarrhea!"

Laughing, I explained to him that the smell was the steamed broccoli.

Unconvinced "J".... "No, I've smelled diarrhea, and that's what it smells like."


Now that he's sufficiently convinced that the smell was in fact the broccoli, he has proclaimed that now he'll NEVER like broccoli.

Funny boys! They keep me laughing!

On a side note.... Daisy, our dog. She's a Morkie or a Yorktese, take your pick. She's 1/2 Yorkie, 1/2 Maltese, either way you split it.
And, she thinks she's a cat.   ssssshhhhhh....don't tell my non-cat-loving husband!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment