Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beach Bums

I've been a terribly negligent blogger. I am sorry.

While I think of things throughout my day to share with you all, somehow my brain doesn't want to function when I finally have the opportunity to sit down to the computer.

I've missed you all though, and am going to try and be better!

We've been busy trying to wrap up the school year, as well as the activities of Spring. It's hard to stay focused on schoolwork these days. The sunshine and warmth seem to have a magnetic draw on all of us. We find ourselves outside for at least a part of each day. When we're not at baseball, we're usually outdoors playing and tending to our garden. I was able to get a small greenhouse this year. I'm very excited about it! The plants inside of it are all doing very well. It will be interesting to see how long we can extend the growing season into the Fall. I'll be sure and post more about our gardening adventures.

We were also able to sneak in an early family vacation! In homeschooling our boys, we're able to get to the beaches before schools let out, and beat the big crowds.  This was a WONDERFUL year for us at the beach! It was really the first year that all 4 of our boys were "in to" the beach, enjoying the waves, boogie boarding and playing in the sand. All 4 of them are now pretty good swimmers in the pool as well. So, this was a more relaxed year, playing with the boys and watching them have fun. There were no "little ones" to watch over... a bittersweet realization. There were many moments during this vacation that I found myself watching my boys... who are really now 2 boys and 2 young men. D, especially, has changed so much in the past year. I love watching each one of them grow and change. They're each so wonderful and such a blessing in my life. But, watching them grow sometimes just makes me feel... well... old. I marvel at how in the world I became the Mommy of 4 incredible boys... and where have the past 13 years gone?? How very gracious of God to have blessed me with them.

Anyways, enough pondering... I don't need to start crying.

Bottom line-- we had a wonderful vacation!
We're so thankful for the opportunity to have this special time with our family!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Handsome little men growing.. :-) Sounds like you had a good refreshing trip.

    K-tribe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your yearly, beautiful, family beach picture...so thanks for posting this. I'm glad that you were able to get away and enjoy some family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, cute family picture! Glad you all had a great time. Just another cool bennie to homeschooling. Love it.

    ReplyDelete